Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rambling

I am, once again, supposed to be working on a paper about Marxism. A one-page piece of busy work.
So, I decided to blog instead :)

Today I realized the power of talking to your professors. Especially ones whose class you sit in the front row and stare at every day as they break pieces of chalk and create chalk storms in their problem solving.
After receiving a high grade on a recent math test I went in to talk to my professor about what the grade meant as far as my overall grade for the class. He promptly listed off on how he didn't grade with straight percentages and how he assessed the class and its members at the end of the semester. He then went on to congratulate me on the high grade on the test and how I was going to get an A in his class because I was always there and did well on the homeworks. Thank you for making my day Professor Spock :) Yes. He looks EXACTLY like Spock*. But he is very nice and a good teacher so.. no bad feelings.

My bags are packed for Seattle tomorrow and I am on my way to figuring out where I will be living next year. I HAD been placed in a double room with two other roommates, which I quickly tried to get out of, and am awaiting a reply from my hopefully future dorm manager. I am currently trying to get side-by-side rooms with my current roommate in a hall that has single rooms in what used to be double rooms. With large windows. So, much better than the three girls in a double room! Plus I'll have my favorite little roomie close by :)

I am looking forward to being home for the summer. But, not looking forward to the job searching and job. I am trying for something pharmacy related if you know anyone let me know!!! Even without pay, I will work two jobs if I can get an internship or something. Wouldn't that be amazing?

I wish I was going into a field that I could do work from home. Wouldn't that be nice? Although, I suppose it would get boring.  You can't have everything.

I find it amazing that I have four short weeks left of school. Two real weeks, dead week, then finals week. Crazy!

I am meeting with my advisor soon to discuss which classes I will be taking next year, but it's looking like it's going to be full of O-Chem, Bio, and Math. Fun.....

Well I should go finish this paper now :)

One more day until Seattle! In 24 hours I will have just finished a yummy dinner at Bahama Breeze! Can't Wait!

*This is my teacher :) He really is awesome though!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on math! I guess it does pay to sit in the front :)

    I hope the weeks fly by, because we cannot wait to see you! And I am still hoping you come to work at REI...

    ReplyDelete