Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dramas

Once again I should be finishing the paper due tomorrow - but hey I have a good start so instead I'm going to make a list of my favorite dramas. Most of you won't know what a "drama" is and may think I'm strange or silly for liking them so much. But I can't help loving them, the predictable storylines of love and all the bad things that can happen to prevent it. I used to be shy about liking them, but now I know they're just another form of entertainment and who's to say whether I can like them or not.

So here goes:

Hana Yori Dango
Full House
Boys Before Flowers
Witch Yoo Hee
Atashinchi No Danshi
Proposal Daisakusen
Kimi Wa Petto
Absolute Boyfriend
Mei-chan No Shitsuji
Personal Preference
1st Shop of Coffee Prince
Secret Garden
Stars Falling from the Sky
Romantic Princess
Devil Beside You

And I'm probably forgetting some, but that's just about it.
I'm currently halfway through Secret Garden (below).


Yes, I admit that dramas may be shallow or "cheap". But they are a satisfying escape into a completely different world from the one I live in. I watch them not find some deep form of enlightenment, but enjoy them and the characters in them.
So if you're bored and looking for something to do, I would suggest trying one out. My favs are probably Full House and Hana Yori Dango and Secret Garden. Watch them here (hulu) or here (this one has rankings and such.)
Oh and if you DO watch one- make sure you watch as least the first two episodes before deciding whether or not you like them as with anything the first episode is the most boring, comfusing, and weird of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment