Monday, January 7, 2013

December 2012 Birchbox

Happy January!

My sister and I recently subscribed to this wonderful little site called Birchbox.
Here's what it is:
You pay $10 per month and in return they send you an adorable box full of mid-size beauty samples, each month they send out ten different variations of boxes so everyone gets something a little different. So I've decided to make a post each month displaying the samples I got in that months box! Yes, I know it's January, but I didn't get back to school from Christmas break until Yesterday and my box arrived during break. So here goes!




My Box contained:
29 Cosmetics: 29 Preserves Skin Care Collection-
ModelCo: FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara-
Nicole Richie Fragrances: Nicole by Nicole Richie-
Number 4: Clarifying Shampoo-
La Fresh: Eco-Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover-
$50 off on RENTTHERUNWAY.com


So far, I have only actually used the nail polish remover, as my morning was quite rushed today. But I have heard good reviews on the shampoo and the skin care collection (here- my sister got one in her box).

La Fresh: Nail Polish Remover: 
Although I'm sure this is only because the nail polish remover was acetone-free and healthy and all that, plus I'm used to the heavy duty stuff- it didn't impress me. It almost felt dry right when I opened it and it didn't feel like it was working all that well. Although I must say that it smelled lovely (like oranges) and didn't leave a nasty chemical smell at all (probably because there was no acetone- duh- but still). 

ModelCo: Lengthening Mascara:
While like I said above, I have not used this yet, I can't help but LOVE the little mirror on the side! So cute!


I know that wasn't the greatest review of my box but I'm looking forward to doing a bit more blogging and getting more boxes!

-Beka



5 comments:

  1. between you and whitney blogging about this, i'm almost ready to subscribe to birchbox... it sounds fab. glad you're blogging again. i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab! Lol- I can't wait for this months box! I miss you too' although I always read your blog but never comment so I guess I'm a weird stalker lol <3

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. That mascara sounds like it will be good, and how was the Nicole perfume??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nicole perfume was NOT my fav- Im not really into celeb perfumes- I mean it wasn't horrible, but meh. The mascara is great! It's super thin so I've been using it for my lower lashes- and I love it! The brush is nice and small- delicate even.

      Delete