Monday, January 7, 2013

Bittersweet

I didn't actually get to fly on this bad boy- but it was pretty cool to look out the window in the sea-tac airport to see this!
I just returned "home" to my dorm room in Pullman, Washington- a Junior/Senior at WSU studying Pharmacy. While I was happy to come back into my routine, I think this might be one of the sadder returns I've had. In the last couple years, coming back home (real home) has been a bit of a stressful time. Between returning to my parents house and trying to balance visiting and work and play, it always seemed so nice when I got to return to my cozy little room, away from the drama that comes with any family. This last Christmas break however, seemed so low key and was refreshingly drama-free, despite a couple bumps, it was a wonderful trip. So, of course, this time I was extra sad when I returned back to school. It doesn't help that I know the next time I will get to cuddle my puppies or my mommy will be in the month of May as I'm not coming home for spring break. Spring semester is always a bit glum, what with the slump after the holidays, the dark weather, and the misconceptions about how warm it really is outside (its always windy here...), and now I just know it's going to be a long one!

The first day of class was today and this was the weather we had:

Doesn't look like much- but in the bipolar Washington weather it was windy and snowing and by early afternoon it was all slush and was "raining" snow from the trees as it all melted. There's still some on the ground of course, but man- not fun in the early morning when nothing is plowed and you have to hike all the way across campus for an 8 am unnecessary music course (don't even ask). 

While it's been a bit boring here with no homework or studying (or puzzles) to do- I know it's gonna kick up next week! Plus it's my 21st birthday tomorrow! Woot.... It doesn't seem quite as special when you're not around family but instead in class surrounded by soggy strangers. 


I was lucky enough to have a little birthday dinner with family before I left home and had my favorite birthday dish ever- Taco ring!



And of course some yummy mint ice-cream cake!


So, I guess I shouldn't be too sad- as I know good things are coming and someday I'll have my own little doggie (I really do miss them).

Happy January all!

1 comment:

  1. Aww we miss you a lot too already. I know beau does especially - wish you could have him there to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete