Today I am supposed to be finishing my final for GenEd 110 and studying Chemistry but all I can do at the moment is think of lists. So in an effort to get them out of my head and start working on what's really important I am going to record them here.
List #1 10 Cons of Dorm life
1. The internet connection is worse than in a foreign country on a boat.
2. Although it is now 24 hours quiet hours for finals week the girls down the hall insist on being nocturnal and only come out to play (loudly) at night- when I am trying to sleep.
3.My R.A. is a boy who lives on the floor above me so he doesn't enforce quiet hours on my floor very well.
4. The walls are made of carpet- which while it does help slightly with sound, makes my calendar fall off of the wall every 2 seconds.
5. The small kitchen, or half kitchen, is always dirty because the people here are not mature enough to wipe off the microwave/oven after they are done spilling macaroni cheese all over the place.
6. Girls leave their 2 week old dirty dishes in the utility sink outside my room- making it impossible for me to use the sink and causing an unparalleled stink.
7. People always want to borrow something- printer, rice cooker, colored pencils, crayons, the list goes on and on.... and I still don't have my crayons back :(
8. People insist on knocking on the door like they're beating something- if I don't answer, there's no reason to pound and kick the door down.
9. If I leave my door open while I'm eating something a certain individual ALWAYS finds her way to my room and comments on my food.
10. It's HOT
List #2 10 Reasons I cannot wait to get home
1. The internet connection is amazing.
2. My FAMILY- all of whom I miss like crazy
3. Seeing my two best friends E and R- packages and letters can only do so much for a girl, can't wait to see them in person!
4. My dogs- it's amazing how much I miss my little Aero- she's cooler than any of my friends at school.
5. Cooking in a real kitchen again- and EATING that food :D
6. Being able to drive to the grocery store without having to wait half an hour for the bus there and back.
7. SNOW- it is NOT winter weather here- at a balmy 41 degrees and sunny, oh and there's GREEN grass everywhere.
8. Christmas cheer- it does not feel like the holidays here.
9. My BOOKS- I cannot make do with the few books I have here- even if I do have my kindle- which is amazing and I recommend to anyone out there! Although the Nook is a close-ish second.
10. My bed- I really truly love my bed at home.
Okay- I feel like a have released a little bit of my crazy list making thoughts and am ready to finish that final.